Business Analyst- Procurement
Bangalore, Karnataka - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Business Analyst- Procurement, assigned to one of Pinkerton's largest global clients, will play a crucial role in enhancing the vendor management program by providing expert analysis of costs associated with the procurement of third-party products and services. This role is focused on supporting key internal stakeholders in optimizing cost-efficiencies and using data-driven analysis to inform decision-making and enhance operational- or security-related outcomes.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop and maintain data collection methods for obtaining cost and spend-related data relating to the client's Corporate Security procurement of third-party products and services.
- Conduct comprehensive and complex cost tracking and analysis across the client's Corporate Security supply-chain third-party products and services and procurement-related activities.
- Conduct comprehensive and complex financial analysis in support of the growing vendor management responsibilities.
- Evaluate supplier pricing, contract terms, and analyze market trends.
- Prepare and present reports and dashboards to convey cost-related insights to key stakeholders.
- Complete concise, detailed reports and technical analysis to customers based on concrete evidence and verified datasets.
- Continuously monitor and assess supplier costs and related metrics while identifying trends and areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with the wider vendor management team to assess and evaluate supplier performance.
- Support contract reviews and assist in establishing cost-effective agreements.
- Provide data-driven insights and recommendations to mitigate identified procurement or supply-chain risks effectively.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including procurement, finance and risk teams, to ensure a comprehensive approach to produce and service procurement.
- Stay updated on the latest supply-chain, procurement and cost management trends, and best practices.
- Continuously enhance the cost analysis process and methodologies.
- Update tracking tools and associating cost-related data with relevant product or service categories and/or types.
- Prepare cost/spend summary reports for dissemination to end-users.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in business, finance, supply chain management, or a relevant field with previous experience as a Business Analyst or Procurement Analyst, specializing in cost analysis and cost reduction strategies. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Proficiency on supply-chain and financial assessment methodologies, data analysis tools, and procedures.
- Able to work within ambiguity, where a problem is defined but the plan/strategy is not.
- Able to use knowledge and skills to effectively determine actions necessary to achieve goals.
- Able to delivery results with limited guidance.
- Clear and concise in verbal and written communication skills across locations, roles, and functions, industry groups, and internal/external key stakeholders.
- Able to analyze complex datasets and recommend effective solutions.
- Serve as an effective team member through mentorship and support.
- Able to mitigate immediate risks and determine escalation requirements.
- Able to identify trade-offs: time vs. quality vs. resources.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and business intelligence software.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
- Able to work flexible hours, including after-hours, to meet demands of a globally dispersed team.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.