Business Analyst- Physical Security Incident Analysis
Bangalore, Karnataka - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Business Analyst- Physical Security Incident Analysis, assigned to one of Pinkerton's largest global clients, plays a crucial role in the enhancement of the organization's physical security posture by providing expert analysis of security incidents related to facilities and assets. The Analyst is focused on supporting key internal stakeholders in assessing physical security risks, evaluating incidents, utilizing data-driven analysis to inform decision-making, and proactively enhancing security measures.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to identify, assess and monitor physical security risks associated with the client's sites, assets, and operation activities.
- Develop and maintain data collection methods for obtaining internal and external incident-related data.
- Analyze global internal security incidents, open-source information, and internal intelligence reports to identify associated risks to the client.
- Determine the impact and root causes of incidents, develop detailed incident analysis, and collaborate with relevant teams to ensure timely communication.
- Facilitate the input of validated incident analysis into Corporate Security's risk management tools and primary datasets.
- Utilize industry-standard risk assessment methodologies to quantify and prioritize physical security risks.
- Provide data-driven insights and recommendations to mitigate identified physical security risks effectively.
- Collect and analyze data related to physical security incidents, vulnerabilities, and threats and prepare and present reports and dashboards to convey risk insights to key stakeholders.
- Continuously monitor and assess physical security metrics, identify trends, and areas for improvement.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Security, Investigations, and Intelligence to ensure a comprehensive approach to physical security incident/risk analysis.
- Effectively communicate physical security incident/risk analysis findings and recommendations to non-technical stakeholders.
- Stay updated on the latest physical security threats, vulnerabilities, and best practices.
- Continuously enhance the physical security risk analysis process, procedures, methodologies, and best practices.
- Update daily incident tracking sheets, conduct standardized incident and risk-based analytical tasks, and prepare related reports.
- Support Risk Management Program and Corporate Security projects as a security risk SME.
- Propose, scope, and manage projects related to the continuous improvement of risk management practices, processes, and tools.
- Manages project workstreams to ensure delivery of milestones to meet team goals.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in physical security, risk management, or a relevant field plus at least six years of experience with physical security risk assessment methodologies, incident analysis, data analysis tools, and incident response procedures. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- PSP, CPP, and/or CISA certifications, preferred.
- Able to work within ambiguity, where a problem is defined but the plan/strategy is not.
- Able to use knowledge and skills to effectively determine actions necessary to achieve goals.
- Clear and concise in verbal and written communication skills across locations, roles, and functions, industry groups, and internal/external key stakeholders.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend effective solutions.
- Serve as an effective team member through mentorship and support.
- Able to mitigate immediate risks and determine escalation requirements.
- Able to identify trade-offs: time vs. quality vs. resources.
- Serve as supportive team member who is willing guidance and mentor peers.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and business intelligence software.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
- Able to work flexible hours, including after-hours, to meet demands of a globally dispersed team.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.