Brisbane, Queensland - Australia
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Finance Specialist, assigned to one of Pinkerton's largest global clients, will perform a variety of finance-related tasks such as reporting and forecasting, assisting with monthly and quarterly financial closings, and cost productivity benchmarking. This role supports various business groups through the tracking of key goals and analysis on actionable items to improve metrics over time. This position may be located in either Sydney or Brisbane, Australia.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Perform financial reporting and financial forecasts.
- Support monthly and quarterly financial closing activity in close coordination with business and accounting teams.
- Continuously review and identify areas of improvement to streamline accounting processes.
- Complete cost productivity benchmark activities for the business.
- Facilitate financial review meetings with business groups and partner with business managers to ensure effective finance and cost management
- Assist in measuring and reporting progress on key goals for the business team in a timely manner.
- Assist with invoice audits and identification of discrepancies, if any.
- Assist with raising purchase orders for services rendered.
- Provide inputs for monthly and quarterly business reviews in a timely manner.
- Facilitate business reviews with data analysis and follow through with business leaders on actionable items for improving business metrics over a period of time.
- Business partnering with Finance verticals (Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable) to ensure procedures and controls are routinely applied while performing accounting and operational functions.
- Produce standardized reports for price and quantity variances.
- Ensure appropriate financial policies, procedures, and internal controls are in place, documented, and operating, as intended.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Graduate in business administration, accounting, economics, or related field. At least three years of progressive professional experience at a public accounting firm or in an operational corporate accounting role with strong business modelling proficiency. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Proficient English skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting/financial principles and internal controls.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skill; Microsoft Office 365 Suite with advanced Excel experience.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.