Internal Fraud Investigator
Sydney, New South Wales - Australia
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Internal Fraud Investigator will conduct investigations in accordance with the client's instructions, regularly communicate investigative statuses, and ensure all deadlines and expectations are met or exceeded.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- To support store teams in fraud reduction through utilising Fraud Analytics systems to uncover and investigate internal issues.
- Utilise available fraud and reporting systems, CCTV, as well as on-site observations, checks and audits to detect and address fraudulent team member behaviour.
- Ensure that investigations undertaken are conducted safely and legally (including correct case management) in accordance to legislation and company policy.
- Present investigations to P&C and line managers in order to take appropriate disciplinary action.
- To provide the business with insight/reporting into internal (and some external) activity causing loss to stores.
- Liaise with external bodies to address criminal impacts and act as point of contact for law enforcement agencies.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
At least two years of similar working experience with security licence/s for relevant jurisdiction and/or has the knowledge of business systems involved in investigation of fraud, particularly Fraud Analytics software (Appriss Secure), CCTV and business reporting systems. Knowledge of investigations, case management, HR/IR process, criminal law and store operations are also desirable. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
- Results focused and ability to implement change and business strategy.
- Able to develop relationships with key stakeholders.
- Facilitates change, sets high standards and aligns performance to success.
- Quick to respond, is dynamic and proactive in dealings.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Able to positively influence a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates competency in retail operations and loss prevention.
- Demonstrates understanding of Loss Prevention processes.
- Demonstrates competency in internal and external investigations, legal requirements and formal interviewing processes.
- Demonstrates understanding of criminal proofs and evidence, including court procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of applicable HR guidelines and employee-related legislation as it pertains to retail investigations.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- May perform job duties both indoors and outdoors, including industrial and/or manufacturing environments, construction sites, recreation venues, rural and urban street settings and in widely varying weather conditions.
- Frequent sitting, standing and/or walking for long periods of time and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.