Operations Manager- External Staff Screening (Hybrid)
Reading, Berkshire - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Operations Manager- External Staff Screening, assigned to one of Pinkerton's largest global clients, will manage the day-to-day operations for the client's External Staff Screening (ESS) Program. This role provides oversight for the client's background screening external staff across the Asia and EMEA regions and collaborates with the America's External Staff screening program.The Manager is responsible for maintaining the quality of the program, service delivery, supplier base, review of screening cases, analysis of screening providers' turnaround times, qualitative performance metrics, and process improvement recommendations. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/remote).
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Deliver background screening standard operating procedures and ensure consistency across the regions and consistent with all legal constraints.
- Support the rollout and operations of new client background screening initiatives.
- Track regional program statistics and assist in the forecasting of resource needs.
- Prepare and support delivery of presentations including new program implementations.
- Provide periodic status updates to inform reporting.
- Partner with Regional Program Managers on planning and service improvements.
- Lead the development and maintenance of training for the background screening program.
- Provide management and guidance to the ESS background team to ensure workload balance, provide performance feedback, and assist with issues that may require escalation.
- Set work hours and shift schedules in accordance with local employment law, which will adequately provide a timely service response across the region;
- Ensure employees provide accurate timekeeping, expense reporting, and vacation requests.
- Collaborate with Regional Operational Manager and Global Accounts Director regarding staffing levels.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Must have GCSE or other level 2 equivalent qualification with five years of similar role specific experience. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer that seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Strong project management skills.
- PMP certification, preferred.
- Able to adapt to changes in the internal and external environments.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels within the organization and across diverse cultures.
- Strong technical written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel up to 20%, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.