Country Security Manager- Nigeria
Lagos, Lagos - Nigeria
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Country Security Manager (CSM), assigned to one of Pinkerton's largest global clients, will drive the development and standardization of security policies and programs to safeguard the client's corporate business operations within Nigeria. The CSM is responsible for supporting security and safety operations, business continuity, emergency response, and physical security design/installation within the country.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Establish and maintain close and collaborative working relationships with multiple cross functional teams and business stakeholders including, but not limited to, IT, Global Real Estate Facilities, Human Resources, and Legal.
- Responsible for day-to-day security operations which includes oversight of the Integrated Security Services portfolio.
- Assess, plan, and arrange third party security services.
- Review, manage, and monitor the effectiveness of contracted security services/resources using Monthly Business Review (MBR) and Quarterly Business Review (QBR) metrics.
- Continuously review, implement, and maintain effective security policies, procedures, and practices.
- Develop performance metrics to track and improve individual, team, system, and site performance.
- Establish and implement effective, predictable, and measurable procedures/processes to be communicated clearly among client's stakeholders.
- Conduct initial workplace incident investigations, site security audits, special event coordination, and other safety, security, or business continuity initiatives.
- Confirm incident and crisis management response procedures are identified, documented, and understood by all key stakeholders.
- Engage the business and facilitate the development of business continuity plans, which are tested for critical business functions, and facilitate contingency arrangements and/or capabilities that are fit for purpose and present an effective response.
- Engage with business areas and customers to promote and provide awareness and training to drive consistency and compliance and achieve successful outcomes and foster a resilient client culture.
- Partner with critical functions to support the implementation of effective business continuity plans and facilitation of on-going testing.
- As action owner, understand the vulnerabilities of assigned sites.
- Identify, assess, and present the risks to the business leaders and propose appropriate mitigating controls such as risk control treatment and action plans.
- Implement controls for the execution of risk treatment plans and update the risk register and risk heat maps accordingly.
- Arrange and manage international travel and conference calls.
- Monitoring effectiveness of controls.
- Develop and maintain network of key stakeholders and resources within assigned region.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
General Secondary Education Certificate or equivalent and/or degree with at least eight years of security management, law enforcement, business continuity, military experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Intelligence interpretation, security/risk threats, and investigation management experience is required.Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Bi-lingual skills; English and Hausa.
- Familiarity with ISO standards (ISO/BS 25999, 22301, and/or SRM 31000).
- Knowledge of current security technology including Lenel.
- Understanding of employment legislation related to country specific security staff and potential moves between providers.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Basic understanding of legal contracts, budgeting, and key terms.
- Customer focused and detail orientated.
- Assertive and self-motivated.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Serve as an effective team player.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.