Reading, Berkshire - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Background Screener, assigned to one of Pinkerton's largest global clients, will review and evaluate background screening results within United Kingdom as provided by a third-party supplier, the employee candidate, and/or various other third-party record providers. The Screener maintains key relationships in order to provide responsive and timely processing of background screenings.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Serve as a liaison between internal parties and external vendors regarding the background check process.
- Partner with the third-party screening supplier to identify discrepancies in information submitted by candidates and ensure background checks are completed on time.
- Communicate the processes, services, and individual background check situations with the vendors to improve the output quality.
- As part of the pre-employment screening process, conduct background investigations;
- Follow-up with universities and employers to verify information provided by the candidates.
- Evaluate background investigation results and determine applicants' eligibility for employment based on the client's policies.
- Escalate issues with background screening records and program processes to the Regional Operations Manager for advice and direction.
- Communicate with Human Resources teams or line of business contacts regarding the status of background checks for their candidates/employees.
- Archive and maintain copies of the background screenings final reports.
- Handle and secure personal data according to regional/country requirements.
- Identify and raise process and programmatic ideas for refinement.
- Assist with regional process and program standardization initiatives.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with two or more years of customer service, administrative, investigations, due diligence, recruitment, and/or human resources experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer that seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Bi-lingual languages, preferred.
- Strong communication skills while working within a multidisciplinary, international, and collaborative organization.
- Effective analytical skills.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to research and resolve issues independently while working across teams to acquire necessary information.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Manage highly confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Able to organize and re-prioritize assignments in response to changes in business needs, without compromising quality standards.
- Utilize sound judgment in unique situations requiring regulatory considerations.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Serve as an effective and positive team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.