Site Security Coordinator
Vancouver, British Columbia - Canada
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Site Security Coordinator, assigned to one of Pinkerton's largest global clients, will support day-to-day security operations at the site. This role involves the maintenance of security operations, badging support, front desk customer service, access control, emergency response, training, implementation of security and safety policies, first aid coordination, and the upholding of rules and regulations. Located in the front lobby, the Security team is the first contact for guests, employees, and vendors. The Coordinator ensures that the customer service is provided at the highest level and meets and/or exceeds the expectations of the client.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Oversee site security coordination and support the Site Security Manager in day-to-day operations.
- Manages the front desk Security team as well as security patrol details;
- Ensures front desk responsibilities meet and/or exceed the client's expectations.
- Coordinate with the global badging team related to issuance of badges and related functions;
- Assist employees with badge requests and access issues.
- Troubleshoot problems or concerns related to access control equipment, databases, and policies and coordinate problem resolutions;
- Create service tickets, reports, follow ups, and respond to emails involving security matters.
- Assist in the completion of Security team training regarding SOPs and implementation of policies.
- Observe, investigate, and report suspicious activities or unusual situations.
- Responsible for the evaluation of site information, occurrences, and incidents;
- Escalate and communicate information to the security management team and appropriate site personnel.
- Maintain the highest standards of appearance and professional conduct and set the example for all security personnel and customer clients.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
High school diploma, Bachelor's degree preferred, and three or more years of experience with security protocols, emergency preparedness, and badging operations. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer that seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- First Aid/CPR certified.
- Strong program management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and badging systems such as CCURE.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.