Licensing & Compliance Manager (Hybrid)
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Licensing & Compliance Manager is responsible to ensure compliance with general corporate licensing requirements including special licenses needed at the state and local levels for private investigator and security guard levels and for individual employees. The Manager provides support to General Counsel regarding compliance with additional key regulations and implementing controls. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/remote).
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop user-friendly procedures to track and record up to date information on necessary licenses for Pinkerton and each required employee to fulfill including obligations in each state of operation.
- Maintain and update licensing database.
- Create reminders and calendar updates/tracking for renewals.
- Collaborate with Agents and other operations employees to complete license renewals.
- Collaborate with vendor management team to create and audit vendor licensing verification programs.
- Stay up to date with changes in licensing regulations and develop local knowledge and expertise in managing problems in the licensing process.
- Research and summarize licensing requirements for General Counsel and affected management.
- Assist Legal team in developing key knowledge for compliance with general data protection regulation and other privacy laws.
- Maintain company-wide listing of active state, local, or other licenses that include requirements for renewal.
- Prepare and submit application for and the timely renewal of Pinkerton's and relevant employee licenses;
- Support and assist employees with licensing renewal application processes.
- Fulfill Pinkerton's obligation with online filing and necessary documentation for the sponsorship of new employee state licenses.
- Keep all impacted parties informed as to the current status of pending license applications.
- Facilitate the development of an effective means to track deadlines for regulatory filings and reports.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree and three to five years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.