Emergency Response Specialist
San Jose, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Emergency Response Specialist will perform a variety of assignments armed and/or unarmed to include the welfare, physical protection, and security of a high-profile client. The Specialist will perform concierge/receptionist functions and response services related to emergency response, high risk terminations, workforce disruptions, natural disaster, and civil unrest. The Specialist will also participate in crisis planning, threat monitoring, and investigations.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide close protection and other security-related functions for the client's campus assignments;
- Lead counter surveillance operations.
- Perform protective advance planning and threat vulnerability assessments.
- Communicate vulnerabilities or safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Provide response services for a variety of situations including natural disaster, civil unrest, workforce disruptions, and high-risk terminations.
- Respond to emergencies and provide medical support, as necessary.
- Provide high quality service for concierge and receptionist functions.
- Deescalate tense situations or individuals that arise at the client's campus and/or events.
- Conduct threat monitoring and provide recommendations.
- Participate in crisis planning and recommend solutions.
- Conduct investigations and complete investigative reports.
- Complete a variety of reports such as suspicious activity reports, incident reports, shift logs, pattern of life reports, medical treatment reports, and other administrative reports and requirements.
- Ensure vehicle is always clean and operating within all safety and maintenance guidelines.
- Operate and maintain protective, operations, and communications equipment;
- Promptly identify and escalate deficiencies/failures.
- Assist with protection schedules and team assignments, as directed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree preferred with at least five years of executive protection experience for high-profile clients or equivalent experience and skills. Current CA Guard Card, CA Exposed Firearm Permit, and CA CCW or HR218 required. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Defensive driving tactics training/experience.
- International experience, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective independent judgment/decision-making and problem resolution skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Concierge-level customer service skills.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Travel, as required.
Salary & Benefits Information:
Rate of pay: $58 / hour.
Benefit options include employer-paid life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D, medical, (HSA) Health Savings Account, (FSA) Flexible Savings Account, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(K), paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays) and several employee assistance-related programs. This information provides a brief benefit overview. Upon the acceptance of an employment offer, the new employee will receive comprehensive plan details based on specific eligibility rules.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.