Senior Power BI Analyst
Mexico City, Mexico State - Mexico
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Senior Power BI Analyst, assigned to one of Pinkerton's largest global clients, will support the client's Global Security team by managing projects and utilizing Microsoft Power Platform products to develop applications and business intelligence (BI) analytics, automate business processes, and manage content. The Analyst assists with the development and execution of processes and technology utilization which supports the dissemination, documentation, and reporting of security information across the organization.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Support the Global Security team by providing Power BI reporting, content management, project management and document creation.
- Design, build, maintain and analyze Power BI reports using SQL language, DAX functions and Power Query M formula language to provide security metrics and trends to Global Security's leadership to aid in data driven decision-making.
- Provide support to Global Security stakeholders on creative analytical projects, including design of custom reports.
- Implement and follow best practices in data querying and manipulation to ensure data integrity.
- Utilize Microsoft's Power Platform Applications (PowerApps and Power Automate) and strive to learn new technologies as requested by the client.
- Function as a subject matter expert (SME) on all data and analytical projects.
- Serve as a point of contact for projects and technology requests outside of Global Security.
- Work closely with users, stakeholders, and engineers to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, procedures and systems.
- Drive continuous improvement through proper documentation, adherence to agile methodology, and commitment to measuring success.
- Facilitate the strategic direction of the PMO's procedures and workflows, review existing documentation, and recommend changes/improvements.
- Conduct business case analysis and effectively facilitate planning goals.
- Develop measurable key performance indicators and deliver status reports, business metrics, and business plans.
- Stay abreast of the newest updates and technologies by participating in training and seminars.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with at least three years data mining, metrics-based analytics, and advanced Power Platforms experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, ad determined by the company. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL and Python.
- Proficiency with Office 365 Suite including but not limited to SharePoint, Power Platform applications including Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, and Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge of geospatial analysis, preferred.
- Familiarity with physical security initiatives including life safety, asset protection, and threat management, preferred.
- Able to cultivate relationships with key stakeholders across functions to achieve business objectives and drive strategic change.
- Able to translate stakeholder pain points into tangible solutions.
- Strong project management skills including management from inception through the build phase and the creation of necessary support documentation.
- Able to work independently with little supervision and manage time effectively.
- Adaptable to the external environment and as the organization evolves.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Able to follow standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and operations-based technology platforms.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.