Threat Monitoring Analyst
Kuala Lumpur, Selangor - Malaysia
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Threat Monitoring Analyst will support and assist the client's Global Security team in investigating, analyzing, interpreting, and communicating information from a variety of sources to identify and assess all-hazard threats with the potential to impact company assets directly or indirectly, such as facilities, personnel, and operations to provide situational awareness to stakeholders.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Investigate, research, and resolve internal and external issues related to various threats against company facilities, personnel, and operations.
- Monitor all-source information to identify and assess the likelihood and severity of threats proactively.
- Produce high-quality, timely, and tailored threat assessments for internal stakeholders while managing sensitive or confidential data.
- Conduct open-source research to assess the potential impact of all-hazard threats.
- Collaborate internally with cross-functional groups to enhance processes, workflows, tools, and system functionality.
- Conduct well-being checks and serve as an initial POC for the 24/7 Security & Resilience phone number and e-mail.
- Support security leadership incident updates, including but not limited to strategic, tactical, and operational threats of concern and briefing key assessments.
- Deliver analytical assessments in clear, succinct, and appropriately caveated products that project credibility, convey recommendations, and reinforce key messages.
- Identify threat assessment and management gaps and prepare detailed specifications for collection.
- Support the management of information, presentation of information, and production of graphics.
- Conduct comprehensive research on complex topics independently or as part of a larger analytical effort.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree is preferred with no prior professional background of up to two years within a related field and/or experience in formal corporate, government, military, or law enforcement protective intelligence/threat assessment programs. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- OSINT experience required.
- Experience with software, databases, social media platforms, and heat/target mapping desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing publicly available information from a deep web and dark web perspective.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines
- Effective analytical and problem-resolution skills.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft 365 suite of applications. Strong familiarization with SharePoint, Power BI, SQL Server, and related technology tools and information sources preferred.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting and/or walking.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that may require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, using protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and the safety of others.
- On occasion, may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Respond to occasional emergency situations, at any hour, with short notice.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.