Security Program Agent (Part-Time)
Remote, Remote - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Security Program Agent will be embedded in a remote role and is part of our client's global security function that protects, sustains, and enables their business to thrive. To ensure that all security programs in place are effective against threats posed to the business, Pinkerton will support their Security Auditing program and penetration testing. A Penetration Team is a team created to simulate attacks targeting agreed-upon objectives, which include business critical technical and physical systems. A Penetration Team is composed of Agents authorised and organised to emulate the exploitation capabilities of a hostile actor and the various attacks a hostile actor may take against the enterprise's security posture. Penetration Teams' exercises will test all security layers active at the client's sites, including overt and covert security, K9, CCTV, ACS, and alarm systems. A Penetration Team's objective is to improve security operations by identifying security vulnerabilities and by demonstrating the impacts of a successful attack. These exercises are conducted with full operational and legal approval from our client. The roles are based on key time requirements and are not full time positions.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Conduct red team exercises in accordance with the operations plan and under the direction of our client's exercise lead.
- Work with the security team to assess and exploit vulnerabilities to physical security by simulating but not limited to, real-world unauthorised entry, and other activities that could undermine the client's interests.
- Engage in social engineering techniques such as tailgating and impersonation to examine vulnerabilities (following training).
- Document (note form) and verbally report the results of scenarios of the penetration tests.
- Engage in positive collaboration with client's representatives to discuss their understanding of vulnerabilities.
- Conduct regular research and maintain current knowledge of security trends and tools to sharpen testing skills.
- Use creativity and think 'outside the box' to identify vulnerabilities to test the existing security measures.
- Assist more experienced teammates and learn from them to develop skills and knowledge.
- Establish and maintain a safe testing environment, ensuring no harm to client properties or personnel (covered in the training from the client's methodology
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Previous experience in security with a knowledge or be willing to gain knowledge of alarm systems, camera systems, access control systems, architectural principles, and other related physical security systems. An interest in psychology or human behaviour is a distinct advantage. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a focus on ingenuity and creativity.
- Strong ethics and high level of integrity, client and information confidentiality are vital.
- Strong ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to deal with conflict resolution, although client has a well-developed de-escation plan in the event of individual or team compromise.
- People skills – demonstrate confident, clear and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing, with clients, stakeholders and team members.
- Good documentation skills, able to report findings clearly and concisely verbally.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
- Current Passport and Drivers licence needed.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.