Full Stack Developer
Seattle, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Full Stack Developer, assigned to one of Pinkerton's largest global clients, will be responsible for the design and full implementation of new functionalities on both the front and back-end. The Developer manages complex projects from conception to deployment, which requires effective collaboration with internal stakeholders and team members. This role will consistently seek opportunities for optimization and scalability.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop front end website architecture.
- Design user interactions on web pages.
- Develop back-end applications.
- Create databases for functionality.
- Ensure end-to-end application responsiveness.
- Partner with graphic designers for the creation of design features.
- Assume leadership of new projects, from conceptualization to deployment;
- Collaborate effectively with internal business partners and project team members.
- Design and develop effective APIs.
- Regularly consider stability, scalability, performance optimization, and ongoing improvement.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Degree in computer science with ten or more years of experience in building front end architecture for websites and applications. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer that seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Proficiency with server languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, and .Net.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB.
- Proficiency with cloud services (such as AWS) for engineering web apps, preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Salary & Benefits Information:
Rate of pay: $130,000 / year.
Benefit options include employer-paid life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D, medical, (HSA) Health Savings Account, (FSA) Flexible Savings Account, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(K), paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays) and several employee assistance-related programs. This information provides a brief benefit overview. Upon the acceptance of an employment offer, the new employee will receive comprehensive plan details based on specific eligibility rules.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.