Fire Protection Specialist (Hybrid)
Georgetown, KY - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Fire Protection Specialist, assigned to a specific client, supports the management and direction of activities designed to protect and preserve corporate assets and personnel in a manner consistent with the client's policies, standards, and procedures as well as mandated federal, state, and municipal regulations. This position will have a hybrid work schedule(remote/client location), within the state of Kentucky, preferably Georgetown/Lexington.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Administer decisions concerning fire and life safety code compliance.
- Identify fire and life safety hazards to through inspections and develop standards and corrective recommendations to eliminate or mitigate the exposure to Facilities.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with client management and Facilities staff in reference to fire and life safety issues.
- Perform off-site inspections of facilities and submit recommendations, as necessary.
- Support System Safety Engineers in fire protection and life safety issues.
- Perform fire loss investigations with Security/Fire Department officials.
- Review construction drawings for fire protection and life safety code compliance
- Perform site inspections of new construction projects to determine compliance with applicable codes and approved drawings.
- Conduct work group meetings with Security & Fire Analysts in North America on fire prevention equipment/services
- Responsible for tracking Fire Systems/Services KPIs in North America Sites and developing KPI reports and graphs for client.
- Manage the Project Contractors and ensure following all client requirements and meeting project schedules.
- Support Emergency Management Fire team
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
High school diploma and four or more years of fire experience required. Bachelor's degree and previous experience in fire suppression, emergency management, and project management preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer that seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Fire science and emergency management experience.
- Automotive manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of fire protection engineering, hydraulics, loss control, risk analysis, and/or codes for both prescriptive and performance design.
- Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles and theories in fire protection.
- Proficiency in using fire protection software programs to evaluate special hazards.
- Working knowledge of Building/Mechanical Fire Codes.
- Thorough knowledge of High Special Hazard Protection systems and sequence of operation protection schemes.
- Knowledge of all firefighting apparatus and fire suppression systems
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong project management and vendor management skills and experience
- Able to gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, formulate action plans, identify relationships, and predict and manage failures.
- Serve as a positive and effective team member and leader.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Customer and results-orientated.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.