GSOC Analyst (Temporary-Full-Time)
Redwood Shores, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Global Security Operations Center Analyst, assigned to one of Pinkerton's largest global clients, conducts in-depth research, open-source analysis, and social media review to monitor threats that may impact the safety and wellbeing of the client's executives, operations, and/or assets. The Analyst will vet potential and/or actual crisis response activations, as well as provide analysis on intelligence gathered. This is a temporary full-time position for twelve months, which may be longer or shorter based on business needs.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Conduct regular monitoring of open-source intelligence, social media platforms, and client specific intelligence gathering tools for known and potential threats to employees, company assets and reputation.
- Monitor geopolitical events that may impact executive travel, company events, and/or operations, and provide periodic and timely reporting.
- Conduct in-depth research on a wide range of issues pertaining to global security, such as terrorism, natural disasters, crime trends, and international politics and economies to better understand the potential impact on areas where the client has operational interests.
- Collect and validate intelligence, assess the credibility and reliability of open-source information.
- Effectively analyze relevant threats and produce actionable intelligence products in a timely manner for all incidents including but not limited to threat assessments and travel risk assessments.
- Support the global security operations center (GSOC) by providing ongoing news monitoring.
- Maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Track, document and report progress on projects and initiatives in areas of responsibility.
- Escalate to security management matters related to employee welfare, global incidents, operational issues, and critical situations.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with at least two years within a GSOC environment plus intelligence, geopolitical, or security-related experience. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Familiarity with standard security communication protocols and security tools.
- Self-motivated, curious, knowledgeable pertaining to news and current world events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to intake, evaluate, and sift large quantities of information.
- Able to analyze and provide rigorous and creative insight into complex situations.
- Client orientated and results driven.
- Able to multi-task and deliver timely work products in a fast-paced environment.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Able to work with highly confidential security-related information.
- Strong personal initiative.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Shift work including evenings, weekends, and holidays to ensure the successful completion of work assignments.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel as required.
Salary & Benefits Information:
Rate of pay: $31.50 / hour.
Benefit options include employer-paid life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D, medical, (HSA) Health Savings Account, (FSA) Flexible Savings Account, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(K), paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays) and several employee assistance-related programs. This information provides a brief benefit overview. Upon the acceptance of an employment offer, the new employee will receive comprehensive plan details based on specific eligibility rules.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.