Chandler, AZ - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Security Agent, working on-site with one of Pinkerton's largest enterprise clients, manages the incoming access control of all employees, visitors, and vendors into the client's lobby. In the role, the Agent applies a risk-based approach to assess emerging threats and/or active security situations and applies the appropriate response level to proactively resolve, deescalate, or manage to a successful conclusion. Agents participate in frequent scenario-based training to maintain armed response capabilities and best practices. This position also serves as the first point of contact for employees and visitors onsite and requires daily professional interaction to address general questions and any security concerns to provide a positive first impression and experience for the client.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Manage the access control process into the client's lobby;
- Screen visitors, vendors, and client employees in an efficient and secure manner.
- Ensure every interaction, from first time visitors to returning long-term client employees, receive exceptional customer service through warm greetings, suitable recommendations, and improvised solutions, if needed.
- Enforce safety and security policies/procedures.
- Respond to medical emergencies, bomb threats, biological/chemical threats, workplace violence, fires, building evacuations, electrical power failures, activated alarms, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, suspicious activity, and all other emergencies.
- Deescalate tense situations through appropriate security measures and communication channels measures.
- Review CCTV footage, complete patrols, and review threat intelligence.
- Maintain logs, prepare incident reports, and communicate accordingly to client management, life and safety personnel, and/or public safety authorities, as required.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
High school diploma and four or more years of law enforcement and/or military experience required. Bachelor's degree and corporate security experience is preferred. Skilled and knowledgeable firearm operation and maintenance is required and must be able to pass and retain firearms certification as part of the screening process. Current AZ DPS armed security license and a valid CCW/HR218 are required. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Working knowledge of access control systems, CCTV, alarm monitoring.
- Able to utilize effective independent judgement and decision-making during emergency situations.
- Familiarity with working in a concealed firearms environment.
- Able to manage situations in a firm, courteous, professional, tactful, and impartial manner.
- Willing to learn, understand, interpret, and apply applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of local community amenities and services.
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to multi-task and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Serve as a positive team member.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized concealed weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Work may involve an element of personal danger which requires actions without direct supervision and exercise independent judgement.
- Must have physical strength and agility to perform the duties of the position including standing, walking, reach with hands and arms, speak and/or hear, and occasional need to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- May require physical strength during the de-escalation of situations and possible restraint of combative individuals.
- Ability to work in all types of inclement weather to include outdoor duties and activities.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.