Investigations & Threat Management Specialist
Austin, TX - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Investigations and Threat Management (ITM) Specialist, assigned to one of Pinkerton's largest global clients, will be responsible for comprehensive and complex investigative, threat and intelligence functions as well as the coordination, development, and evaluation of ITM programs and projects, including communication both verbally and through detailed reporting.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Conduct comprehensive investigations into workplace violence, threats, and other cases as assigned.
- Production of reports, during and following investigation, detailing actions taken and recommendations of further action including but not limited to, employment discipline, further enquiry, business improvements, audit, and prosecution at the direction of ITM management.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with internal partners, full time employees, alternative workforce contractors at all levels, and law enforcement agencies (local, state, federal and international).
- Improve the overall program practices by evaluating and implementing proactive improvements to further program documentation, policies, and procedure maturity.
- Work closely with ITM management in the development and implementation of new standards and processes.
- Track, maintain, and monitor investigation program data to create accurate and useful metrics for quarterly, yearly, and ad hoc reports.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with at least five years of operational knowledge and experience in investigations, law enforcement, intelligence, threat assessment. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Strong program and project management skills.
- Solid understanding of program development and statistical data analysis.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivator and able to execute tasks.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to build consensus and influence decision-makers.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Effective decision-making ability during emergency situations.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Able to establish and maintain cross-functional and positive working relationships.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.