Melbourne, Victoria - Australia
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Senior Accountant will evaluate and interpret financial accounting principles and statements including balance, revenue and cash flow. The Accountant is responsible for performing financial planning and analysis, consolidation and forecasts and budgets and financial statement preparation. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/ Client location/remote)
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Evaluate and interpret financial accounting principles and participate in preparation of financial statements.
- Driving month end processes, delivering accurate and timely reporting of balance sheet and P&L reconciliations within strict timeframes.
- Analyze and monitor various transactions and accounting subledgers.
- Undertake accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll duties as required.
- Assist with the compilation of tax reporting requirements, including income tax, payroll tax and GST.
- Prepare required analysis and reports.
- Deliver monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Execute banking transactions and prepare cash flow forecasts.
- Record and track fixed assets, record depreciation, and account for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Interpret and implement new accounting systems and procedures for assigned areas.
- Contribute to the process improvements throughout the department.
- Ensure Australian compliance with GAAP principles.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting and at least three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Must have CPA License or CPA Candidate. Desirable to have experience in MS Dynamics 365 Finance ERP system.Pinkerton is an inclusive employer that seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office, and Oracle Fusion.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.