Fargo, ND - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Security Manager, located on-site with a specific client, is responsible for will develop and implementing a high degree of effective security strategies and policies, overseeing incident and crisis management activities, providing security-related counsel, and completing dedicated security functions, including asset protection, asset recovery and investigations, and managing, developing, and consulting on new security programs. This position will serve as a client's Enterprise Security & Preparedness team member.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Supervises and directs the client's security interests in handling major security issues such as bomb threats, labor disputes, criminal and ethical violations, workplace violence, and crisis management.
- Provides professional expertise in its area of responsibility investigating major/complex security breaches, often resulting in substantial losses or significant business or political impact for the enterprise. This includes monitoring the performance of contract or private investigative agencies.
- Prepares for civil or criminal court proceedings may include conducting interviews, locating/examining evidence, depositing, providing grand jury or courtroom testimony, and strategizing litigation efforts.
- Provides regional oversight and strategic direction to enterprise contract security providers and the client's units to ensure the proper safety/security of physical assets, proprietary information, employees, and visitors.
- Implements auditing standards for security, fire, and life safety on a regional level to coordinate with enterprise initiatives.
- Develops and oversees regional personal protection assignments and services for special events such as Board of Directors Meetings, executive protection, product shows, visiting dignitaries, and other major events.
- Establish and maintains close liaison with law enforcement agencies, prosecutors, and other government agencies.
- Provides assistance to emergency management preparedness and coordinate this effort with the client's units and facilities.
- Defines, communicates, reviews, and approves security protection specifications and requirements for the confidentiality of clients' product development areas and product within client property.
- Define and communicate standard processes, including integrating security services, to assure compliance with Security and Investigation standards.
- Identifies risks for client employees and client assets;
- Ability to assess situations and deploy available resources for maximum effectiveness.
- Facilitates the standard implementation of best business practices in combination with continuous improvement programs;
- Offers new security-related insights and perspectives on current situations.
- Willingness to make difficult decisions promptly or under pressure in the event of an unstable situation, crisis, or emergency.
- Ability to step into the office or factory environments, readily assess security needs and assume control of unstable or potentially difficult environments
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
A Bachelor's degree in Security or Business/Management or at least four years of experience in management experience in one or more of the following areas: Corporate security, law enforcement, private contract security, or specialized military leadership. An Armed North Dakota Security Officer license, commissioned or private investigator is preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Effective analytical and problem-resolution skills.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Serve as a positive team member.
- Customer service and results-driven.
- Strong problem-resolution skills.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Strong client orientation and results-driven.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that may require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety.
- Frequent sitting and/or standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Some lifting and moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.