Remote, Remote - Germany
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Accountant will function as our Backoffice Manager in Germany is responsible for managing and providing support and guidance to professionals and a region team on matters related to the financial side of business management. As a key member of the Region team, you will help drive effectiveness and efficiency in financial-related issues and how they affect Region operations. You will interact heavily with the EMEA team of the company to ensure that each geographic area of the region is aligned with corporate goals. The Accountant will contribute to business growth, while ensuring fiduciary responsibility, as well as handling all back-office activities.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provides leadership, ensuring that performance is aligned with the mission and values of the organization.
- Provides overall (financial) reporting and ensures that timely, accurate and complete information is provided in accordance with established procedures and protocols.
- Work closely with the Europe Accounting & Finance teams and play an important role during the month-end closing process.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the region's performance metrics, budgets, and forecasts.
- Collaborate with the Europe Accounting team to help the Region achieve its DSO and Bad Debt targets.
- Drive initiatives, which lead to improvements in operational systems and processes, while ensuring the implementation of best practices.
- Collaborate with the Region's leadership in formulating SLAs, escalation standards, and guidelines with a focus on operational & financial accuracy and effectiveness.
- Lead initiatives to enhance brand performance, functioning as an internal consultant and facilitator.
- All other duties, as assigned by region and corporate team.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree Required, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Economics with at least three years of German accounting and business management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer that seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Bi-lingual skills; English and German languages required.
- German and/or Multi-country (European) accounting experience.
- A quantitative approach to business operations and financial analysis.
- Client contract experienced a plus.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and taxes.
- Thorough understanding of accounts receivables.
- ERP system experience required.
- Experience with MS Dynamics system is a plus.
- Able to recommend and implement process improvements.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and the organisation evolves.
- Effective communication skills, at all levels within the organization, and across diverse cultures.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions:
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.