Remote, NY - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Pinkerton Director serves as the “Trusted Risk Advisor” by anticipating the client's needs and recommending world-class corporate risk management solutions. Overseeing all aspects of an assigned geographic area, the Director is responsible for the achievement of assigned business development objectives, ongoing employee management, and the consistent application of Pinkerton's Service Delivery Standards while ensuring optimal business results. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (remote/client locations), within NY state, preferably from Rochester, Syracuse, and Albany.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Establish and maintain "trusted advisor" relationships with new and existing clients;
- Regularly contact clients to ensure that the highest level of corporate risk management is delivered.
- Responsible for the year-over-year revenue growth of the assigned field office/geographic area;
- Communicate with the Managing Director regarding trends relative to fixed and variable costs and the financial impact of present and anticipated business activity.
- Review records and other financial data that impact revenue growth and profitability.
- Partner with the Sales Support and Marketing departments to identify client prospects and market trends.
- Participate in business development activities, including sales presentations, RFPs, and contract negotiations.
- Participate in local networking opportunities, including industry and/or client-sponsored events, seminars, and training.
- Submit requisitions for new and/or replacement positions associated with client contracts;
- Partner with Pinkerton's Talent Acquisition team to review, interview, and orientate new employees assigned to billable positions.
- Plan, assign, supervise, and direct work;
- Effectively manage PDPs (Pinkerton Dedicated Professionals), Operation Managers where applicable, and other full and part-time employees through active communication and ongoing skill development.
- Conduct annual budget analysis and present field office budget to Pinkerton leadership.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with at least seven years of business management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the job's essential functions, as determined by the company. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer that seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Business management experience.
- Strong financial skills including P&L, forecasting, and budget analysis.
- Able to analyze complex data and develop innovative recommendations and solutions.
- Solid project management skills.
- Able to develop business leads into new client relationships.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to successfully establish and maintain strong client relationships through a trusted risk advisor approach.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Monitor, coach, and develop employees up to expected performance standards.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- May be required to use vehicle for performance of duties.
- Frequent sitting and, standing, and/or walking.
- Travel, as required.
Salary & Benefits Information:
Rate of pay: $120000 / year.
*Field Directors participate within two incentive compensation programs and are eligible for an annual medical reimbursement program.Benefit options include employer-paid life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D, medical, (HSA) Health Savings Account, (FSA) Flexible Savings Account, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(K), paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays) and several employee assistance-related programs. This information provides a brief benefit overview. Upon the acceptance of an employment offer, the new employee will receive comprehensive plan details based on specific eligibility rules.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.