Front Lobby Receptionist
Sydney, New South Wales - Australia
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Front Lobby Receptionist greets and processes all incoming employees, visitors, and vendors into the client's facility entrance in accordance with access control policies. This role serves as the first point of contact and provides a high level of customer service to ensure all interactions are positive and helpful. The Receptionist will respond to emergencies, provide concierge services, and must be familiar with all aspects of the local community including geography, directions, and amenities in order to answer questions, resolve concerns, and provide alternative recommendations.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Control access to the client's lobby through the admittance process;
- Screen visitors, vendors, and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
- Ensure every interaction (including first time visitors and returning long-term client employees) receive exceptional customer service through warm greetings, suitable recommendations, and improvised solutions, if needed.
- Enforce safety and security policies/procedures.
- Deescalate tense situations through appropriate security measures and communication channel measures.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Associate degree preferred with two or more years of concierge-level customer service and/or front desk experience. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Knowledgeable of local community including; geography, amenities, and services.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Able to work in a busy fast paced environment.
- Successful problem resolution skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as a positive team member.
- Able to manage and defuse difficult, stressful, and/or confrontational situations.
- Use sound judgment and make appropriate decisions.
- Maintain a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.