Area Security Manager- Hong Kong & Taiwan
Hong Kong, Hong Kong - Hong Kong
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Area Security Manager (ASM) will work on-site with one of Pinkerton's largest global clients. In this role, the Manager is a valued member of the client's Corporate Security team that manages all aspects of physical security at corporate locations and serves as a subject matter expert in security management, policy, and industry best practices.
The ASM is responsible for all elements of the Corporate Security program, including security standards, assessments, consultancy, mitigation, guarding and access programs, and incident and crisis management programs at the Taiwan and Hong Kong locations. This position can be located in either Hong Kong or Taipei, Taiwan.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Serve as a trusted security advisor and subject matter expert.
- Build trusted internal stakeholder relationships by providing best-in-class services through the safety and security enhancements.
- Plan, develop, and implement security plans, policies, and programs.
- Support security design and operations at new facilities.
- Conduct comprehensive site security assessments.
- Monitor security situations and take measures to minimize security risks/threats to the business commensurate to the dynamic security environment.
- Develop and deliver plans to close any potential gaps in the security controls.
- Drive Business Impact Analysis (BIAs), mock drills. and table-top exercises.
- Successfully align corporate security metrics, goals, and strategic direction across functional area to support overall team mission;
- Develop performance metrics to track an improve individual, team, system, and site performance;
- Establish and implement effective, predictable, and measurable procedures or processes to be communicated clearly among client stakeholders.
- Triage and collaborate with specialist teams on corporate investigations and occasionally conduct and manage corporate security investigations.
- Provide oversight for the guarding operations, manage large budgets, and service delivery functions.
- Create goal setting, performance management, and retention strategies across multiple teams.
- Manage cross functional projects and drive teams/partners to meet program and/or product goals.
- Build collaborative relationships and coordinate with internal and external security partners.
- Oversee security operations and logistics for large scale corporate events and high-profile visits.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree (or higher) in criminal justice, security, law enforcement, business management, or accounting with at least seven years of global corporate security experience (including writing and publishing security standards) or equivalent sized NGO or public sector. Five or more years of experience in implementing security programs or managing enterprise business continuity solutions/programs is also necessary. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Proficient English skills with secondary language preferred.
- Knowledgeable of security staff employment and data protection legislation.
- Strong understanding of crisis operations/communications and risk management.
- Familiarity with business continuity standards such as ISO/BS 25999 and 22301.
- CFE, CPP, PSP, CISSP or similar certification.
- Able to guide sub-regional operations through innovative strategic program plans.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Understanding of global relationship building and development of cross-functional/peer relationships.
- Able to collaborate effectively at all levels of a global organization and across diverse cultures.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills across a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Client orientated and results driven.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Able to travel up to 40-50%, sometimes with little to no notice.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.