Regional Security Advisor- Nordics (Hybrid)
Sweden, Stockholms lan - Sweden
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Regional Security Advisor (RSA) provides operational support and advice to the Regional Security Manager (RSM) of our client, a fortune 500 technology business's Country Security, in accordance with policy, strategy, and allocated budgetary constraints. The Area of Responsibility (AoR) will cover the Nordic countries, including Denmark and Iceland, Norway, Sweden, and Finland, but may change to accommodate operational requirements.
The client's needs are rapidly changing in this dynamic work environment, and it is essential the RSA maintains a flexible, logical, open-minded, and adaptive approach. By combining corporate security management skills and experience, creativity and customer focus the role will support and ensure competitive, technical solutions are deployed in line with global standards and in the process deliver a world class service. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/remote).
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide physical security SME awareness, advice, and recommendations on all sites within the AoR to the client's Regional Security Manager (RSM).
- Monitor and respond to threats to the client's staff, business operations and sites within the AoR.
- Undertake formal security programs as directed by the client, including threat and vulnerability assessments, to identify risk.
- Propose effective mitigating measures to address risk whilst accommodating the needs of the business.
- Ensure compliance with security policies at all sites;
- Deliver security programs to assess compliance.
- Propose remediation where non-compliance is identified.
- Implement and track remediation.
- Provide security input to the design of newbuild/renovation/acquisition projects.
- Work closely with non-specialist ‘Security Point of Contact' (SPOC) staff at remote sites to ensure day-to-day management of site security;
- Ensure SPOCs are sufficiently trained to undertake their roles.
- Build and maintain close relationships with SPOCs.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the SPOC and the client's professional security organization for all physical security issues.
- Ensure that site-specific alarm escalation protocols are appropriate and regularly reviewed.
- Identify issues leading to false or inappropriate alarm activation and work to address these.
- Coordinate activities involving, and provide support to, other elements of the client's security organization (such as investigations and technical security systems) relating to sites within the AoR.
- Provide security SME input to the client's Crisis Management teams covering the AoR.
- Support the RSM in responding to live security incidents.
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners within the business and the external security community.
- Work with the manned guarding service provider's management team to ensure the appropriate strategic use of manned guarding and response services across all sites.
- Identify the need for security awareness training for the client's staff and collaborate with Communication staff to develop appropriate training media.
- Ensure that security documentation and information relating to individual sites is complete and accurately maintained.
- Act as the Program Lead for the development of allocated EMEA-wide security programs or support their development as a member of the program's working group.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the security service provided to the client and propose solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with other Country Security Managers and Regional Security Managers employed across the EMEA region.
- Provide budgetary input for forecasting, tracking, and bidding purposes.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree and five or more years of security management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Accountable- Take ownership of issues, responsibility for your actions, decisions and their outcomes and hold yourself accountable for what you commit to.
- Adaptable- Acclimate quickly to variations in your work and your effectiveness isn't impacted by change.
- Change- Embrace change in a positive manner, remain flexible and versatile and act as an advocate for change.
- Analytical- Gather and analyze information from different viewpoints before using your judgement to make effective, logical, informed decisions.
- Commercial- Evaluate what represents the best economic or best value for the customer.
- Commitment- Self-motivated to achieve a goal, maintaining dedication to your cause despite obstacles and frustrations. You are persistent and remain focused on the task at hand.
- Communicator- Verbalize clearly and effectively information, thoughts, and ideas, verbally or in writing. You simplify complexities and adapt the communication appropriately so others can understand.
- Customer Focused- Cntinually assess, explore better ways, and propose new ideas to serve our customers. By ensuring their needs are at the center of everything we do and providing a positive experience in delivery of our service.
- Detail Orientated- Focus on detail and ensure the right first-time approach by making sure your work is accurate and error free. Follow processes, operating firmly within set standards, rules, and guidelines.
- Learner- Inquisitive and committed to learning new skills and knowledge.
- Organizer- Prioritize workload and plan accordingly to maximize time and productivity by converting your resources into results in the most efficient and economical way.
- Preventer- Look ahead anticipating, identifying, and addressing risks or problems before they happen. Maintain composure when dealing with unusual and stressful circumstances, remaining professional always.
- Relationship Management- Maintain and improve business relationships for mutual benefit, maintaining trust, communicating frequently and managing expectations. You can influence and gain others' support through articulation and rationale you gain their agreement.
- Team Player- Work well as part of the team, supporting all members and striving to ensure the team pulls together and is effective. Treat everyone with respect, accepting them for who they are always and treating them fairly. Through listening and active encouragement, create an environment for all to contribute.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.