Country Security Manager- Kenya
Nairobi, Nairobi - Kenya
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Country Security Manager will work on-site with one of Pinkerton's largest global clients. In this role, the Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the client's regional security operations, programs, strategies, and personnel, based at the Kenya headquarters.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Manage security-related operations while supporting and advising the client on strategic and tactical applications for the physical security of all personnel and the infrastructure;
- Evaluate, develop, and execute regional site security strategies.
- Ensure operational security aspects for all Kenyan sites are safe and secure working environments for both the client's personnel and customers.
- Serve as a site security expert for local business partners.
- Act as liaison between the Global Security team and local personnel, in all areas of life safety and security matters.
- Meet with site leaders, local executives, and business unit heads to understand their objectives;
- Develop plans to mitigate risk exposure, improve employee safety, and ensure business unit success.
- Establish the safety and security staffing model and monitor all financial spending;
- Guide, assist, monitor, and counsel the security team.
- Ensure all security staff have clearly defined tasks and that development needs are addressed through training, development, or coaching.
- Manage the on-going quality production through effective leadership and direction.
- Ensure the standards of service delivery, reporting, and budgetary objectives meet or exceed expectations.
- Encourage a collaborative approach to meet organizational expectations.
- Provide internal and external customer support.
- Oversee and support all agents/vendors and ensure project contracts and deadlines are consistently met or exceeded;
- Visit locations and review/complete; site security survey plans, security assessments, site-specific risk/threat analysis, emergency response plans and associated documents, and training awareness programs.
- Maintain a network of communication to support operational effectiveness.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Diploma or equivalent with at least five years of leading security teams within a large corporate environment. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Proficient English skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledgeable of guard force management, access control, and CCTV systems.
- Lenel security system experience, preferred.
- Able to make sound security decisions with minimal management oversight.
- Able to appropriately interpret and implement security operational procedures.
- Adaptable to a matrix environment with local and remote access.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend workable solutions vertically and horizontally.
- Client orientated and results driven.
- Able to collaborate effectively at all levels of a global organization and across diverse cultures.
- Able to build consensus and influence decision-makers.
- Serve as an effective and motivating team leader within a complex organization.
- Able to respond efficiently to changing demands and circumstances.
- Maintain a constructive attitude in times of stress or in ambiguous situations.
- Able to work through conflicts of interests and establish effective solutions.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Travel, as needed.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.