Event Security Operations Coordinator
London, London - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Event Security Operations Coordinator, assigned to one of Pinkerton's largest global clients, manages all related security operations for in-person, hybrid, and virtual events. This includes the delivery and review of all aspects of event security planning, completion of security risk assessments, determination of physical guarding requirements and staff deployments. The Coordinator provides guidance to the Physical Security and Reception teams and works collaboratively with employees, key regional stakeholders, external agencies, other Global Security teams, and various departments across multiple internal/external teams. Communication of critical feedback to management regarding the end-to-end events process while aligning with the client's global procedures is essential to the role. This role requires travel (regional and international) including work hours/days outside of normal work hours/days to cover the set-up, delivery, and closure of events.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Represent the client's Global Security Services (GSS) team during the planning and implementation of all in-person, virtual and hybrid events;
- Partner with GSS management to ensure scheduling to provide a consistent and secure experience/environment to all employees and guests during events.
- Liaise with cross functional regional event organizers, external security vendors and event agencies and other clients to comply with regional and global security standards, processes, and requirements and to assist with pre-event planning;
- Build and maintain relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including where necessary local law enforcement personnel, emergency medical services, business representatives and other government agencies to maintain security, service delivery and operational excellence.
- Manage the initial risk assessment for a planned event and provide guidance and support to the allocated Event Security Coordinator in region.
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluate emerging risks and/or upcoming internal and external events that may impact the people, assets, and/or reputation of the client.
- Develop and maintain on and off-site/virtual event security plan to minimize threats, manage vulnerabilities, and mitigate business risks;
- Conduct venue reconnaissance and provide written recommendations to enhance the overall effectiveness of the security arrangements, including supporting rationale, contingencies for raised threat, policy/decision log and an audit trail.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as required.
- Lead teams of services to deliver event security which may include Reception, Security, and Brand Ambassadors during the event.
- Oversee event support on the ground, where required;
- While monitoring remotely or in person, quality assure the implementation of the security plan and continuously review the effectiveness of the plan.
- Report any security incidents which may occur during events.
- Ensure event security compliance with all relevant local legislation and global client standards;
- Ensure an appropriate accreditation and validation system is in place for all delegates, visitors, and other security personnel accredited by the organizers.
- Capture metrics and produce weekly reports for management, as required.
- Report and monitor lessons learned from all events to ensure continuous improvement.
- Undertake ad hoc security or administrative tasks as directed by the Regional Event Security Lead.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Two or more years within event planning, event security management, or a similar level of responsibility in the security industry as well as experience coordinating geographically diverse teams and completion/implementation of risk assessments. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Able to communicate clearly in English, both written and verbal. Second language, preferred.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong cross-group collaboration and relationship management skills.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Able to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual and stressful circumstances.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Able to interact effectively with confidence at different social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and Google applications.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Able to work outside of traditional days and hours as necessary for the successful completion of work assignments.
- Travel, to all countries within EMEA and work abroad for periods of up to one week at a time.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.