Security Systems Administrator
London, London - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Security Systems Administrator sits within the corporate security team of a global biopharmaceutical company. The role will be accountable for the delivery of Technical Security programme in their international markets. This includes day-to-day engagement with 3rd Party Integrators, supporting their implementation team with integrated solutions and commissioning, regional maintenance function, and problem solving.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Supporting the deployment of the client's security solution and ensuring full functionality; this will include CCTV infrastructure, access control platforms, and other enterprise-wide systems.
- Troubleshoot any system malfunctions within the assigned region.
- Develop and maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for all systems.
- Attending relevant project meetings / site reviews as required.
- Managing system installations, system refresh, and upgrades as directed.
- Communicating with key stakeholders, including business customers, managers, and end users.
- Tracking project delivery to ensure the projects are delivered on time and in line with the programme.
- Identify and highlight project delivery risks and implement suitable mitigation.
- Evaluate, beta test, and recommend new technologies.
- Develop best practices and training materials for systems use that maximize utilization.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in computer science with two or more years of experience in a technical/physical security integration/project management/consulting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- A general understanding of managed network infrastructure.
- An understanding of basic electrical installation principles.
- Strong knowledge and experience of installation and maintenance principles of IP based CCTV.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in installing, commissioning, and maintaining global access control systems, S2, Lenel, or Honeywell. C-Cure preferred.
- An understanding of hardware integration techniques.
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload in a fast-changing environment.
- An ability to communicate professionally with the global team and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of Security compliance requirements preferred.
- Resourceful and innovative approach to resolving challenges.
- Strong computer skills with competency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in the utilisation of CAD for project layouts (AutoCAD Desirable).
- Technical or Security Certification (Desirable).
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.