Health & Safety Advisor
Vancouver, British Columbia - Canada
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Health & Safety Advisor will be embedded with one of Pinkerton's enterprise clients. The Advisor manages all on-site health and safety services including the support of regional strategies, fostering collaborative partnerships, leveraging technology, creating inclusive workplaces, developing preparedness plans and strategies, handling health incidents, and promoting a culture of health.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide operational support in the evaluation and execution of regional health and safety strategies including oversight of agents/vendors to ensure project contracts and deadlines are met and/or exceeded;
- Ensure clearly defined tasks are assigned, address development needs through training/coaching, and encourage collaboration in order to meet expectations.
- Support the development of external service optimization and ensure the process is fair and transparent.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, consistent, and cohesive system for managing safety related risks.
- Lead site-specific safety meetings with stakeholders.
- Maintain safety-related documents, review for insufficiency/updates, and coordinate the distribution of the updates.
- Coordinate risk/threat assessment reviews at all levels, to review resource/project management and resolve internal and external issues/concerns;
- Complete on-site visits, as directed by leadership, to confirm the quality of site health and safety survey plans and risk/threat analysis, assessments, and training awareness programs.
- Assist in the implementation of effective health and safety operations to ensure the safety of the client's personnel and their customers.
- Provide direct oversight and execute training programs to relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to, workplace violence and other emergency response programs.
- Support internal and external teams and business group networks that demonstrate and encourage a positive ‘can do' attitude, which enable the achievement of the client's business objectives and efficiency;
- Actively participate within cross-functional group processes, programs, and projects.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with at least two years of experience within a corporate health and safety management, public health, risk, and/or business operations role or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer that seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Adept at utilizing technology and applying it toward program improvement.
- Able to embrace change and leverage short and long-term business opportunities.
- Able to provide innovative health and safety solutions while working with ambiguity.
- Serve as a respectful, collaborative, and innovative team member.
- Adaptable as the external environment and the organization evolves.
- Successful written and verbal communication skills, at all levels within the organization, and across diverse cultures.
- Able to prioritize assignments to accommodate stakeholder needs and project timelines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective presentation skills across varying audiences and technical expertise.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and project management software.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.