Senior Threat Manager (Hybrid)
Remote, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Senior Threat Manager serves as a principal investigator responsible for assessing potential threats of targeted violence within the Pinkerton Global Threat Management program. Responsible for conducting highly complex and sensitive protective investigations in coordination with other investigators, operational psychologists, HR, Legal, and intelligence resources, ensuring that the investigative standards established by Pinkerton are followed.Additionally, provides people tracking solutions by organizing information, providing situational and domain awareness, comparing levels or standards of threats, determining the potential tactical and strategic impact of negative outcomes to individuals, local, regional and global operations, and must be able to communicate objectively to the client and stakeholders. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/remote) located in Washington.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Work closely with analysts to review online social media, open-source research and commercial database research for threat indicators.
- Provides input and proactively works to identify, assess and mitigate potential threats.
- Collects data and analyzes activities of individuals who may pose a threat to clients or their interests.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with law enforcement and other investigators.
- Identifies behavioral indicators suggesting pathway behavior.
- Evaluates the threat and intelligence information and recommends the appropriate protective response to colleagues and clients.
- Collects and analyzes local intelligence pertinent to specific assignments.
- Identifies and applies a level of concern for POI's.
- Composes threat assessment reports and documents threat actions.
- Prepares case reports and establishes and leverages networks.
- Utilizes structured professional judgement tools related to threats of violence.
- Collaborates with various internal and external groups in the course of regular duties.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree with five or more years of relevant threat management experience. Professional affiliation within the Threat Management discipline, i.e. Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (ATAP). Prospective applicant must be able to obtain the Certified Threat Manager (CTM) certification within one year of hire. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Demonstrated Threat Management experience in the private or public sector.
- Corporate and risk analysis experience preferred.
- Good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions.
- Strong crisis communications skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable into achieve goals and live up to commitments.
- Able to work directly with internal clients and clearly articulate business drivers, business requirements, and technology functional requirements.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Well-developed organizational skills and understanding of Executive Protection.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Able to manage multiple assignments with competing deadlines and under stressful conditions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Able to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to anticipate and rapidly respond to changing priorities.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Experience with online social media analysis, open source research and commercial database research.
- Excellent presentation, written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled at conducting interviews in a corporate environment.
- Experience working cross functionally.
- Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.