Administrative Specialist (Hybrid)
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Administrative Specialist will assist with administrative functions in support of our Pinkerton Global Investigations Unit, such as vendor management, client billing, and case coordination. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/remote).
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- General administrative
- Document control and archiving.
- Maintain LOEs and contractor agreements.
- Assist with project and team coordination.
- Assist with end-of-month closings in collaboration with our finance department.
- Case management related
- Enter cases into our CM system.
- Collaborate with managers for recording case details.
- Manage case timesheets and investigator hours.
- QC proper CM system procedures.
- Billing related
- Collect vendor invoices, timesheets, expenses.
- Communicate with managers for billing instructions.
- Create billing intakes and update our case tracking systems.
- Vendor related
- Communicate administrative SOPs with vendors.
- Collect and review invoices and collaborate with managers for approval or corrections.
- Troubleshoot issues with vendors.
- International related
- Assist with internal transactions between inter-country Pinkerton offices, such as billing, Cross Transfer Form generation, monthly tracking controls, etc.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Associate degree preferred with a minimum of three years of administrative/accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Billing experience.
- Vendor administration experience.
- International AR/AP experience, preferred.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
- Accounting software experience, MS Dynamics preferred.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.