Event Security Manager
San Jose, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Event Security Manager works on-site with one of Pinkerton's largest clients. The role will ensure comprehensive support of the executives and employees at highly visible events and conferences by partnering with Executive Protection, Global Events, Global Security, and other client stakeholders.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Maintain close partnerships with the client's Global Events, Global Security Protective Intelligence and Travel teams.
- Strategize and holistically plan security support for events in coordination with non-security groups responsible for scheduled events.
- Conduct approved security advances and give clear, concise security recommendations based on findings.
- Adhere to company privacy and confidentiality guidelines and policies.
- Complete policy and procedure documentation and management.
- Effectively interface with cross-functional teams on questions regarding the support of executives and employees.
- Make recommendations and bring forward ideas to improve the program and, with limited oversight, effectively execute.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree preferred with five years of large 5,000+ attendee events, executive protection, protective intelligence, and/or similar corporate security experience. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Understanding of executive protection and corporate security principals.
- Knowledgeable of environment, health, and safety guidelines in relationship to risk mitigation.
- Knowledgeable of protection strategies, tactics, and technology.
- Serve as event security SME with the ability to influence, inspire, and guide others.
- Participate in respectful and inclusive interactions while conveying a sense of trust and integrity.
- Strong strategic and operational skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels of the organization and across diverse cultures.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Extensive travel may be required.
Salary & Benefits Information:
Rate of pay: $125000 / year.
Benefit options include employer-paid life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D, medical, (HSA) Health Savings Account, (FSA) Flexible Savings Account, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(K), paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays) and several employee assistance-related programs. This information provides a brief benefit overview. Upon the acceptance of an employment offer, the new employee will receive comprehensive plan details based on specific eligibility rules.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.