Technical Security Support Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Technical Support Engineer will be joining a team of Support Engineers to own a region of several hundred buildings and several thousand access control and CCTV devices. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience configuring Physical Access Control System (PACS) devices with an emphasis on Lenel. A successful candidate will use leverage their experience with PACs systems to quickly learn the existing system architecture, programming processes and coordination procedures. The role will include process and system improvement efforts to improve the overall performance of the system and the Technical Security team. This role is expected to assist with continuous improvement of the global PACS programming standards. A successful candidate will be able to operate autonomously, manage an internal ticket queue and monitor data driven metrics to drive quality. The candidate will be expected to work with members of the technical security team including contractors, partner teams and customers around the world to complete projects and raise the security bar. The Technical Security Team is a 24/7 global support operation. After-hours calls, night/weekend work, international travel, and participation in on-call paging will be required.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Ownership of a specified geographical region within the team
- Programming and configuration of PACS and CCTV devices
- Security device troubleshooting
- Deep dive on security issues utilizing large data sets
- Provide real-time consultation to Value Added Reseller (VAR) and PACS device installers
- Coordination with remote teams for programming, testing and commissioning
- Process improvement initiatives and system enhancements.
- Respond to customer and partner requests in in a manner that meets or exceeds our service level agreements.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree or 4+ years in security technology field. 4+ years' experience support enterprise Lenel or PACS equivalent. 4+ years' experience supporting field installations of security devices. Available for 24/7 on-call rotation, night and weekend work. Expert with MS office suite applications. Basic understanding of networking and network troubleshooting. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Lenel On guard certification
- 4+ years security device installation experience
- Technical writing and process skills
- Excellent communication and escalation skills
- Comfortable working in windows server environment
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.