Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Tokyo, Tokyo - Japan
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager inspects and evaluates the client's corporate offices, equipment, and processes to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry best practices. With internal stakeholder assistance, the Manager will analyze data and develop and implement programs to ensure the achievement the client's EHS goals within Japan as well as global objectives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Analyze EHS data including local laws, regulations, benchmarking studies, and industry best practices.
- Develop and implement strategies, processes, and procedures to achieve the client's in-country (and global) environmental, health, and safety goals and program objectives.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure EHS policies are communicated, implemented, and executed among employees, vendors, and third-party contractors.
- Manage injury/illness and incident management processes.
- Conduct risk assessments of client's existing portfolio of corporate offices, identify sources of risk, and develop remediation and mitigation plans.
- Assist in the response to emergencies and significant disruptive events impacting corporate office buildings.
- Support EHS fit-out construction and refurbishment projects.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, or Environmental Studies with at least eight years of EHS experience within a multinational company. Professional EHS qualifications, local or international, is preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Bi-lingual skills; English (proficient) and Japanese (native).
- Knowledge of emergency preparedness and incident management programs within a commercial setting.
- Knowledge of EHS requirements related to new construction or renovation of commercial facilities.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to build consensus and influence decision-makers.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to facilitate progressive change while delivering value-added EHS programs.
- Quick to action and achieves expected business results.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolve.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously within a fast paced corporate environment and under competing priorities and deadlines.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent, sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.