Regional Security Advisor (Hybrid)- Poland
Warsaw, Mazowieckie - Poland
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Regional Security Advisor (RSA) will be embedded with one of Pinkerton's largest technology-based clients. The RSA provides operational support and advice to the Regional Security Manager (RSM), in accordance with policy, strategy and allocated budgetary constraints. The area of responsibility is initially Poland, but will expand as experience is gained.The client's needs are rapidly changing in this dynamic work environment, and it is essential that the RSA maintain a flexible, logical, open minded, and adaptive approach. By combining corporate security management skills, experience, creativity, and customer focus the Advisor supports and ensures that competitive technical solutions are deployed in line with global standards while delivering world class service. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (on-site/remote) located in Warsaw, Poland.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide the RSM with physical security SME awareness, advice, and recommendations on all in-country specific sites.
- Monitor and respond to threats related to the client's staff, business operations, and sites.
- Undertake formal security programs as directed by the client, including threat and vulnerability assessments, to identify risk.
- Propose effective mitigation measures to address risk while accommodating needs of the business.
- Ensure compliance with security policies at all sites;
- Deliver security programs to assess compliance.
- Propose remediation where non-compliance is identified.
- Implement and track remediation.
- Provide security input to the design of new build/renovation/acquisition projects.
- Work closely with non-specialist Security Point of Contact (SPOC) staff at remote sites to ensure day-to-day management of site security;
- Ensure SPOCs are sufficiently trained to undertake responsibilities.
- Build and maintain close relationships with SPOCs.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the SPOC and the client's professional security organization for all physical security issues.
- Ensure that site-specific alarm escalation protocols are appropriate and regularly reviewed.
- Identify issues leading to false or inappropriate alarm activation and work to address these.
- Coordinate activities involving, and provide support to, other elements of the client's security organization.
- Provide security SME input to the client's Crisis Management teams.
- Support the RSM in responding to live security incidents.
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners within the business and the external security community.
- Work with the guardforce provider's management team to ensure the appropriate strategic use of manned guarding and response services across all sites.
- Identify the need for security awareness training for the client's staff and collaborate with Communications team to develop appropriate training media.
- Ensure that security documentation and information relating to individual sites is complete and accurately maintained.
- Act as the Program Lead for the development of allocated EMEA-wide security programs, or support their development as a member of the program's working group.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the security service provided to the client and propose solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with other Country Security Managers and Regional Security Managers employed across the EMEA region.
- Provide budgetary input for forecasting, tracking and bidding purposes.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with five or more years of security management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Bi-lingual skills; English and Polish.
- Willingness to take ownership and responsibility for personal actions and outcomes.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to embrace and facilitate progressive change in a positive manner.
- Able to analyze complex situations from differing viewpoints and recommending informed solutions.
- Strong client orientation and results driven based on the best value proposition.
- Self-motivated to persistently achieve goals and overcome obstacles and challenges.
- Effectively assess and propose new ideas to deliver improved services.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy while following established standards, rules, and guidelines.
- Open to an inquisitive work environment and committed to learning new skills.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Able to maintain composure and professionalism when dealing with unusual and/or stressful circumstances.
- Able to build mutually beneficial relationships through trust and consensus building.
- Serve as a positive team member by using active listening skills and treating all with respect and fairness.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Able to work hybrid work schedule.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.