Communications & Education Specialist (Hybrid)
Sunnyvale, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Communications & Education Specialist will be embedded with one of Pinkerton's largest global clients. This role is a part of the Corporate Security team, supporting the Prototype Security group, through the identification of training needs, development of effective learning solutions, facilitation of developed training programs, and the tracking of training compliance. The Specialist is involved in the device's entire lifecycle, in which clear cross-functional communication and collaboration is key. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (on-site/remote) located in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Drive multiple high-priority and strategic training and education program initiatives.
- Implement learning programs and facilitate training sessions.
- Design and launch communication strategies that increase visibility and keep stakeholders informed.
- Lead internal and external communications to key stakeholders and team members.
- Serve as the subject matter security expert to internal stakeholders on content related to training and education.
- Partner with cross-functional business partners across the Prototype Security team and Corporate Security.
- Develop, track, and report on metrics measuring the efficiency and impact of developed learning programs;
- Use data to drive improvement efforts and identify new training opportunities.
- Draft, update, and publish Prototype Security requirements, guidelines, best practices and standards on team Wiki pages.
- Design and coordinate Security Education's quarterly poster and digital awareness campaigns.
- Manage education and training content repositories.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Master's degree (preferred) or lesser degree with or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Professional certifications related to project management, business continuity, Lean/Six Sigma principles, and/or education plus five years of experience in a high-intensity, high-volume environment within a training and education development program, preferably Prototype/Product Security. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Able to develop and grow security training programs on a global scale.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all audiences.
- Able to gather and analyze education data effectively.
- Process improvement orientated.
- Possess innovative and creative design skills across all types of educational campaigns.
- Well versed in product development processes.
- Strong business acuity.
- Current, in-depth knowledge of training and education best practices and trends.
- Able to partner and forge relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable in organizational effectiveness, employee development, and virtual training design.
- Positive team player.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively within ambiguity.
- Strong project management skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office plus Asana and Qualtrics.
- Familiarity with Wiki page maintenance, design, and basic editing skills.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Able to work a hybrid work schedule with at least 60% on-site.
Salary & Benefits Information:
Rate of pay: $90000 - $95000 / year.
Benefit options include employer-paid life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D, medical, (HSA) Health Savings Account, (FSA) Flexible Savings Account, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(K), paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays) and several employee assistance-related programs. This information provides a brief benefit overview. Upon the acceptance of an employment offer, the new employee will receive comprehensive plan details based on specific eligibility rules.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.