London, London - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Researcher EMEA will support the Pre-Employment Screening Team (PES) team by conducting background investigations, due diligence and pre-employment screening, organization and analysis of evidence, business processes and case project evaluation.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with other Pinkerton agents.
- Design investigative approaches and tactics for review by the supervisor.
- Complete pre-employment screening and due diligence tasks, upon request.
- Partner with case-specific researcher teams to conduct highly complex investigations.
- Perform preparatory work for the investigations by analyzing the problem and studying documents, conducting research, and determining the chain of activities including; conducting interviews, surveys, analyses and data backups.
- Prepare investigative reports for review by the manager and recommend further steps to be taken, including comprehensive presentation of the results of the investigation.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree (preferred) with at least 1 year of work experience working in Background Screening Investigations, HR admin or related field. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Previous investigation skill or techniques would be beneficial.
- Able to organize and analyze evidence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Analytical and critical review skills.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- On-call and extended work hours, as needed.
- Travel, at times on short notice, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.