London, London - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Accountant assists with Pinkerton's EMEA offices by conducting accounting and finance-related functions including but not limited to; Financial Accounting and month end porcessing; transaction processing, A/R, A/P, general ledger, billing, reporting, treasury support. The Accountant regularly follows up with the field offices to ensure overall satisfaction and provides training support. This role will also participate in the implementation of a new ERP system for the EMEA region.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the global ERP system for the assigned regions;
- Work closely with the department's Global Director and project technical team with input about the region's office throughout the project.
- Assist with transaction processing and document retention for cash application, administer fixed assets, A/R and A/P billing, general ledger entries and reporting.
- Provide treasury support including; daily management of cash pool and funding, foreign currency transactions, and bank account administration.
- Assist with month-end closing and HQ reporting process, annual statutory audit, and taxation matters.
- Perform accounts analysis and prepare inter-company and bank reconciliations.
- Conduct relevant business unit analysis and revenue and cost reporting.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Professional Accounting Qualification preferred; Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and five years of accounting experience in a corporate work environment. Microsoft Dynamics 365, FRX, and/or Hyperion experience is preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Able to interact effectively across all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team player.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work independently under time constraints and deadlines.
- Customer service orientated.
- Proactively pursues best practices and process improvements.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office, Microsoft Dynamics 365, FRX, and/or Hyperion.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.