Safety and Security Support Specialist EMEA
Remote, Remote - Netherlands
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Safety and Security Specialist, assigned to a specific client, is supporting the Regional Safety & Security Manager. The Safety and Security Specialist is expected to support and develop Safety and Security initiatives, provide training to employees and support with background verification activities. Follow up on internal investigations and support the travel security program.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal safety and security clients and external clients across the company, as needed.
- Provide advice and counsel on safety and security, prevention, life safety risk, fire safety, crisis management, and emergency response issues.
- Assist the safety and security staff regarding development plans by identifying current needs as well as future career objectives.
- Create partnerships with other Safety and Staff and external clients regarding security and safety-related aspects.
- Build and maintain relationships with other teams in the area of Operations.
- Manage contract security services (Guarding/Systems) and vendors, including but not limited to electronic access control, badging, visitor management, security video, intrusion detection systems, and control center operations.
- Develop a network of industry experts, drawing on the experience of others to learn more about the prevalent security trends and challenges.
- Collect metrics from varying sources and create reports, as needed.
- Ensure work performed meets or exceeds established timelines and quality standards;
- Establish review processes to ensure adherence.
- Be a member of the local Emergency Response Team (ERT) the Dutch equivalent of BHV.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree (preferred) with 5 + years of experience working in safety and security management, investigations, or security risk consulting. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Demonstrated skill and record of achievement in business-to-business operational activities.
- Safety and security equipment experience and/or at least having affinity with, including CCTV, access control, barriers, intruder/fire alarms, firefighting equipment, GPS monitoring, and control panels.
- Knowledge of service industry cost and profitability drivers.
- Strong customer service and delivery orientation.
- Able to create and present a strong value proposition.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Innovative and assertive.
- Self-starter and results driven.
- Serve as an effective and social team member and leader.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office, computer network architecture, data transmission, and bandwidth.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- On-call and extended work hours, as needed.
- Travel, at times on short notice, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.