Control Tower Analyst
Austin, TX - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Control Tower Analyst will work on-site with one of Pinkerton's largest global clients. This role is part of a diverse team within the centralized hub of prototype supply chain support. As a member of this team, the Analyst works to ensure shipment tracking, eliminate loss, reduce friction, and communicate effective solutions regarding supply chain security issues. The scope of this position will include research into customers' needs and seek opportunities for innovation.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Tackle intriguing customer service issues and build highly scalable services.
- Partner extensively with the product teams to identify process improvement opportunities and propose the best service strategy through liaising with the Supply Chain Security (SCS) team;
- Support identification of supply chain up and down-stream problems, such as risk events, and report the issues before becoming threats.
- Track shipments from origin to destination and ensure receipt;
- Identify opportunities to innovate and simplify shipping processes, conduct risk assessments, and loss measurements.
- Possess real time knowledge of operating status of different shippers/transportation vendors.
- Predict and detect delays/deviations from the expected/preferred logistics plan.
- Understand contextual information for developing/enabling shipping plan adjustments.
- Alert stakeholders when events happen that modify a shipment's plan and/or compromises the security (safety and secrecy) of devices.
- Provides data to support root cause analysis to understand supply chain risk data and relevant service delivery opportunities.
- Produces operational clarity by combing data and anecdotes and continually form and test hypothesis to validate data.
- Operates a risk monitoring dashboard to create a culture of continuous improvement within a customer business unit.
- Use real-world use cases to audit/develop program documents.
- Complete and maintain acceptable performance metrics including; quality, productivity, and first contact resolution;
- Generate daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports/metrics as required by SCS.
- Foster customer-centric environment which focuses on quality, productivity, and scalability of services.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Associate or Bachelor degree with multi-year experience within a high volume/intensity call center, security operations center and/or crisis management/response center. Tactical understanding of geo-intelligence disciplines, risk analysis, Lean/Six Sigma principles, and/or GPS tracking is a plus as is shipping support knowledge/risk mitigation of confidential sensitive materials in a global multimodal environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company, is alternatively acceptable. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Able to effectively communicate ideas with influence across the organization.
- Advanced report writing skills.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
- Effectively manage highly sensitive information.
- Willingness to volunteer and assist, as needed.
- Effective reasoning and complex data interpretation skills.
- Able to manage ambiguity while proactively problem solving.
- Positive team player that models mindfulness and inclusivity.
- Sound judgement regarding the escalation of issues requiring senior-level management support and response.
- Confident while performing within high-intensity, dynamic situations.
- Able to adjust to competing priorities and reprioritize according to situation or client expectations.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Able to forge relationships across multi-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and other client-based programs.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Able to work off-hours, weekends, or alternate hours in order to support 24/7/365 global business needs.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.