Facility Risk Coordinator
Byhalia, MS - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Facility Risk Coordinator will manage on-site physical security, develop, and execute security post orders, manage employee performance, and liaise between the client and Pinkerton Management.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Recommends security platform enhancements through direct or compensatory security measures.
- Manages the performance of Pinkerton Agents and complete scheduling;
- Assist in the selection, orientation, development, and retention of staff in compliance with applicable guidelines.
- Administer disciplines as required to ensure fair and equal treatment of all employees.
- Builds rapport with individuals, staff, officers, and managers who may enter the facility.
- Detects and responds to security-related incidents in accordance with the local and federal laws;
- Deter problems and detect them before situations become dangerous.
- Investigates suspicious activity both inside and outside of the buildings;
- Serve as the point of contact for law enforcement, fire, and/or medical personnel,
- Evaluates and develop site security and action plans to facilitate shelter-in-place or evacuation.
- Coordinates with Pinkerton personnel when/if there is a perceived increase of risk.
- Answer security-related questions and engage with visitors, employees and customers to maintain a safe and secure environment.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Associate's degree with seven years of law enforcement, military, and/or security experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform. Bachelor's degree is preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Customer service and results-driven.
- Strong problem-resolution skills.
- Attentive to details and follow-through.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Serve as a positive team member.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that may require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to respond effectively to situations, communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents and direct others.
- Frequent sitting and/or standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Some lifting and moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.