Bethesda, MD - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Security Manager will manage the corporate security operations and programs for a specific client. The Manager is responsible for security policies and programs, security of company assets, associates, visitors and property, and executive protection for the client's senior management.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop strategies to identify, assess, prevent, protect, and mitigate all risks, threats and vulnerabilities to safeguard the client's employees, assets, products, and property to ensure the continuation of operations and profitability.
- Monitor and stay current with security-related proven practices and technology.
- Assist in the development of budgets and forecasts to support business needs, goals, and objectives.
- Assist the client's Senior Management with; emergency preparedness/incident command system, security data collection, employee/contract staff training, and security-related investigations.
- Provide maintenance duties for the client's Emergency Alert Notification System
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of all security programs and personnel.
- Plan, assign, supervise, and direct work;
- Effectively manage PDPs (Pinkerton Dedicated Professionals), and other full and part-time employees using active communication and ongoing skill development.
- Provide executive close protection services;
- Conduct travel threat analysis and threat briefings for air, ground, and hotel arrangements.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful deployments.
- Monitor surveillance cameras and the Pinkerton Alert service for investigative and preventative purposes.
- Serve as the central resource, responsible for promoting consistency in the client's physical security policies, procedures and practices for the protection and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and other compliance requirements.
- Serve as lead for major incident investigations involving security and safety related issues.
- Establish on-going communication with senior leadership on the status of security issues, evolving risks, and related recommendations.
- Support leadership in the development and maintenance of business continuity and crisis management/incident command programs including planning and conducting exercises with local first responders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate government and law enforcement agencies.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree preferred and at least five years of security management experience within a corporate environment and military or law enforcement experience. Maryland Private Detective License and CCW License. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Experience with physical security systems, threat management, investigations, emergency management and/or policy/procedure development, preferred.
- Hands-on experience managing emergency incidents in a calm and effective manner.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Results-oriented and commitment focused.
- Extensive corporate risk management experience.
- Corporate security practices and programs management experience.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Serve as an effective team member and project leader.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Respond to occasional emergency situations, at any hour, with short notice.
- On occasion, may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.