Global Security Training and Development Manager
Santa Clara, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Global Security Training & Development Manager is an embedded role, with one of Pinkerton's major global tech clients. This position is responsible for developing, designing, and delivery of the security programs that enable corporate security employees and leaders to perform their roles effectively.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Design, execute and evaluate onboarding training and development curriculum to support learning objectives;
- Develop assessments to measure the effectiveness of the curriculum and learning performance in the workplace, integrating results into new and existing course curriculum.
- Conduct needs analysis to identify skill gaps and make training recommendations.
- Create and design instructor led and on demand learning modules such as one-pagers, PowerPoint, eLearning programs, workshops, webinars, podcasts, articles, coaching circles and eLearning modules and videos;
- Create learning content and materials including workbooks, FAQs and posters.
- Design, execute, and maintain drill and exercise standards and guidelines.
- Coordinate and execute learning processes, procedures, and service agreements;
- Design, develop, and facilitate learning solutions.
- Assist with the identification and development of improvement opportunities and growth initiatives.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret relevant learning data.
- Evaluate and optimize learning processes and procedures.
- Manage and execute all aspects of training, including communications such as class invitations, registration, attendance confirmation and training administration such as program material preparation and vendor partnerships.
- Consult with corporate security teams and leaders to recommend learning and development solutions with a strategic approach;
- Provide learning, development, and workforce engagement subject matter expertise.
- Share learning and development best practices among stakeholder groups.
- Develop assessments to measure the effectiveness of the curriculum and learning performance in the workplace, integrating results into new and existing course curriculum;
- Track and synthesize training data, reports on metrics and provide feedback and recommendations on enhancements and future offerings.
- Maintain routine engagement with other learning functions or teams within the corporate security team and the broader organization.
- Maintain and curate the learning and development intranet page.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Learning and Development, Education, Training Development or Talent Management, with a minimum of five or more years of experience in Global Security Operations and program or project management. Experience with Learning Management Systems, and eLearning development tools preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- In-depth knowledge of learning needs analysis, design, measurement, and evaluation.
- Strong knowledge of learning and development, concepts, solutions, frameworks and methodologies.
- Knowledge of HSEEP fundamental principles.
- Able to design in-person and online training to improve individual and organizational performance.
- Knowledge of and experience with full training cycle.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong client orientation and results-driven.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and Learning Management Systems.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Salary & Benefits Information:
Rate of pay: $125000 / year.
Benefit options include employer-paid life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D, medical, (HSA) Health Savings Account, (FSA) Flexible Savings Account, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(K), paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays) and several employee assistance-related programs. This information provides a brief benefit overview. Upon the acceptance of an employment offer, the new employee will receive comprehensive plan details based on specific eligibility rules.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.