Executive Protection Agent
Canton, MA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Executive Protection Agent will provide for the welfare, physical protection, and security of various clients by performing armed and unarmed executive protection assignments.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide close protection and other security-related functions for the client during domestic and/or international assignments;
- Lead counter-surveillance operations.
- Perform protective advance planning and threat vulnerability assessments.
- Transport the client and/or family members to events and appointments, using evasive and/or defensive driving tactics, as needed.
- Effectively manage the client and/or their family/representative requests against the need to ensure all safety and security precautions.
- Respond to emergencies and perform medical operations, as needed.
- Deescalate tense situations or individuals that arise at the client's residence and/or events;
- Communicate vulnerabilities or safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Complete suspicious activity reports, incident reports, shift logs, the pattern of life reports, medical treatment reports, and other administrative requirements.
- Ensure the vehicle is in clean and safe operating conditions at all times.
- Assist with protection schedules and team assignments.
- Operate and maintain protective, operations, and communications equipment;
- Promptly identify and escalate deficiencies/failures.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
High School Diploma or GED; with at least 5 years of experience in conducting executive protection operations in low to high threat locations and protective support operations for corporate, technology, or high net worth clients. CPR/AED certification and a valid CCW Firearm Permit are required, Emergency Vehicle Operations course completion and defensive driving certification are required, plus other certifications/licenses, as applicable. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, radio, email, text, etc.).
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Substantial background in providing concierge customer service.
- Experience with and working knowledge of access control systems, CCTV, alarm monitoring, etc.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
- Successful problem resolution skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Executive protection experience with high net-worth principals.
- Defensive driving tactics training/experience.
- International experience, preferred.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform all essential functions effectively;
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- On occasion, may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Domestic and/or international travel.
- 24/7 availability.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.