Regional Security Advisor- Munich
Munich, Bavaria - Germany
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Regional Security Advisor, based in Munich, provides operational support to the Regional Security Manager regarding the strategic and tactical application of the client's physical security program within Germany and parts of Eastern Europe.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide operational support in the evaluation, development, and execution of regional site security strategies including oversight of agents/vendors to ensure project contracts and deadlines are meet and/or exceeded.
- Develop and maintain synergy with site security providers and facility managers to provide balanced program and operations support.
- Overseeing the building security systems management and programming requests.
- Supporting and managing physical security project management.
- Providing operational support, identifying quality/performance issues, and assisting in the implementation of effective security operations.
- Designing, implementing, evaluating, and monitoring security practices, policy, strategies, and daily operations.
- Support the organization's training, development, and coaching programs to ensure both internal and external stakeholders are aware of the client's commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the achievement of high productivity results by ensuring service delivery standards, reporting, and budgeting objectives are meet and/or exceeded.
- Complete on-site visits, as directed by the Regional Security Manager (RSM), to confirm the quality of site security survey plans and risk/threat analysis, security assessments, and training awareness programs.
- As directed by the RSM, coordinate risk/threat assessment and provide recommendations at the local and regional levels which support the global strategy.
- As directed by the RSM, conduct risk/threat reviews to assess resources and resolve related problems/concerns, both internally and externally.
- Assist the RSM in providing a business sustainable crisis incident network in support of all managers across the organization.
- Serve as a highly knowledgeable resource for the client's Global and Regional Security teams as they actively seek and respond to requests of assistance from local law enforcement agencies.
- Maintain a strong communication network to include agencies with expertise in crisis management, risk assessment to terrorist threat, personal protection, to protect the client's employees, customers, and infrastructure.
- Assist in the implementation of effective security operations to ensure the safety of the client's personnel and their customers during the planning and preparation of all travel and business-related exhibitions.
- Provide feedback regarding intelligence gathered for protection of the highest security threats and emergency/contingency planning for the client's stakeholders, executives, and employees.
- Support established exercise programs to enhance knowledge and practical abilities regarding local legislation and procedures to ensure compliance and enhance customer confidence.
- Support the RSM in maintaining internal and external teams and business group networks that demonstrate and encourage a positive ‘can do' attitude to enable the achievement of the client's business objectives and efficiency;
- Actively support cross-functional group processes, programs, and projects.
- Collaborate with other Regional Security Officers to ensure no duplication of work including internal/external training, project management, and strategic and/or tactical policies.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) and ten or more years of corporate multi-site security management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer that seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Security industry certifications, preferred.
- Bi-lingual skills; English and German.
- Able to embrace change and leverage short and long-term business opportunities.
- Serve as a supportive, collaborative, and innovative team member.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and the organization evolves.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, at all levels within the organization, and across diverse cultures.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, ambiguous, and complex environment.
- Able to appropriately define, prioritize, recommend, and resolve problems.
- Self-starter with the ability to identify task/priorities that bring value to the organization.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and other standard software platforms.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.