Investigations and Threat Management Specialist (Hybrid)
Austin, TX - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Investigations and Threat Management (ITM) Specialist will be responsible for comprehensive and complex investigative, threat and intelligence functions as well as the coordination, development, and evaluation of ITM programs and projects, including communication both verbally and through detailed reporting. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/remote).
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Conduct comprehensive investigations into workplace violence, threats, and other cases as assigned.
- Production of reports, during and following investigation, detailing actions taken (i.e. interviews, and identifying areas of weakness (if appropriate) and recommendation of further action including but not limited to, employment discipline, further enquiry, business improvements, audit, prosecution etc., at the direction of ITM management.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with internal partners (i.e., human resources, legal, information security, business units, etc.) full time employees, alternative workforce contractors (at all levels) and law enforcement agencies (local, state, federal and international).
- Improve overall program practices by evaluating and implementing proactive improvements to further program documentation, policies, and procedure maturity.
- Work closely with ITM management in the development and implementation of new standards and processes.
- Track, maintain, and monitor investigation program data to create accurate and useful metrics for quarterly, yearly, and ad hoc reports.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree and five years of operational knowledge and experience of investigations, intelligence, threat assessment and management. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Operational knowledge and experience of investigations, intelligence, threat assessment and management.
- Strong program and project management skills.
- Solid understanding of program development and statistical data analysis.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivator and able to execute tasks.
- Strong and effective communications, including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with and influence leadership.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Strong decision-making ability during emergency situations.
- Able to work with highly confidential information.
- Proven ability to influence key business partners without authority.
- Outstanding ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities and tasks.
- Ability to work under stress and tight deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain cross-functional and positive working relationships.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law. Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.