Instructional Designer (Remote)
Remote, Remote - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for supporting the design and delivery of training content and learning programs that engage and develop high-performing personnel who are fully capable of meeting, and exceeding, their work requirements. This position can be based anywhere (remote) within the United States.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of learning and development through the use of instructional design models and tools, such as ADDIE and SAM.
- Create content to support learning projects and programs that enable personnel to achieve the required standards of performance and compliance against program requirements.
- Conduct needs analysis and project management activities to design, develop, and publish suitable training solutions to support ongoing operational needs and workforce development requirements in a fast-paced, global environment.
- Use data to drive the design and development of training content, including instruments to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of learning.
- Create engaging, interactive learning content, especially for online learning, whether in the form of e-learning courses, videos, gamification activities, job aids, or additional modalities, with a strong customer focus.
- Provide advice to teams on training-related matters, including new and standard instructional design practices and/or requirements.
- Maintain highly accurate documentation and record-keeping in support of training outcomes.
- Evaluate current practices, procedures and service arrangements and support the implementation of improvements and/or propose viable solutions to achieve efficiency gains.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with five or more years of experience in corporate training, adult learning, instructional design, or e-course development. Instructional design and/or e-learning certificates, such as Cornerstone Administrator preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Training design, development, implementation and evaluation experience.
- Proficiency in Learning Design, i.e. ADDIE, SAM Development.
- Expert knowledge of learning and instructional design concepts, solutions, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Strong familiarity with conducting needs analyses, knowledge assessments, using learning metrics, and curating online content.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to engage in active listening and translate customer needs into action.
- Content and video production skills, including the use of e-learning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Studio, Articulate 360, etc.
- Proficient in Vyond animation software.
- Familiarity with SCORM and HTML desired.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Strong customer orientation to drive results.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, IT systems and software, specifically Learning Management Systems (LMS).
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching for and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Occasional travel to an office location as required.
Salary & Benefits Information:
Rate of pay: $95,000 to $115,000 / year.
Benefit options include employer-paid life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D, medical, (HSA) Health Savings Account, (FSA) Flexible Savings Account, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(K), paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays) and several employee assistance-related programs. This information provides a brief benefit overview. Upon the acceptance of an employment offer, the new employee will receive comprehensive plan details based on specific eligibility rules.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.