Shanghai, Shanghai - China
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
An Accountant assists with Pinkerton's APAC offices by conducting accounting and payroll-related functions, including but not limited to; transaction processing, A/R, A/P, general ledger, billing, reporting, treasury, and admin support. Accountant processes and records weekly payroll and provides accurate financial information to employees.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Review, analyze, and check payroll forms and reports for accuracy and make necessary adjustments or corrections.
- Answer employee questions regarding timecard questions, and tax and payroll policies.
- Ensure hours are accurately entered into system.
- Reconcile payroll before transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Provide support with completing monthly summaries and weekly budget tracking reports, as well as monitor and retain electronic copies.
- Track and monitor PTO for current employees.
- Research invoice and payroll discrepancies and effectively communicate resolutions.
- Perform gross salary calculation, tax filing, tax advice, GPML, GPPL claim, NS payment, statutory benefits based upon salary/ average salary calculation, input for pricing, etc.
- Maintain personnel files, tax forms, compensation, benefits, attendance, performance evaluations, terminations, etc.
- Assist with transaction processing and document retention for cash application, administer fixed assets, A/R and A/P billing, general ledger entries, and reporting.
- Provide treasury support, including; daily management of cash pool and funding, foreign currency transactions, and bank account administration.
- Assist with month-end closing and HQ reporting process, annual statutory audit, and taxation matters.
- Perform accounts analysis and prepare inter-company and bank reconciliations.
- Conduct relevant business unit analysis and revenue and cost reporting.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Accounting/payroll certification preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Excellent written and bi-lingual verbal skills; English and Mandarin.
- Able to interact effectively across all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team player.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work independently under time constraints and deadlines.
- Customer service orientated.
- Proactively pursues best practices and process improvements.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.