Assistant Security Manager
San Diego, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Assistant Security Manager, located on-site with a specific client, will assist and implement a high degree of effective security strategies and policies, oversee incident and crisis management activities, provide security-related counsel, and complete investigative and security assignments.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Work closely with the client's executives to understand requirements related to security and regulatory compliance and to map those requirements to current security projects;
- Provide on-going security-related advice/counsel.
- Evaluate changes to the client's environment for security impact and present findings to management.
- Develop, implement, follow-up, and review of security strategies, policies, and regulations.
- Conduct security analysis, audits, training, exercises, meeting, event, and travel security.
- Supervise and manage employees during the scheduled shift.
- Oversee the security incident response and crisis management activities.
- Oversee and coordinate scheduling of the security and executive driver teams designated on scheduled shift.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the security vehicle.
- Creates, develops and fosters relationships with the client, public officials, and members of the community.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
High school diploma or GED with three to five years of security management experience. Incident, emergency response, and crisis management experience preferred. Global Entry/ Sentri preferred. Experience driving clients preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Prior military/ law enforcement experience preferred.
- Strategic and analytical thinker.
- Effective and rapid independent judgment and decision-making ability during unusual or emergency situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Results-oriented and client focused.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- May be required to use vehicle for performance of duties.
- Frequent sitting and, standing, and/or walking.
- Must be able to work in a 24/7 operation, with work schedule flexibility, to respond to after hour incidents when needed.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.