Technical Writer (Remote)
Remote, Remote - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Technical Writer is responsible for the development of various technical publications that support global safety and security program and operations. The Writer is responsible for technical document projects such as standard operating procedures, policies, training manuals, instruction manuals, alarm/emergency response plans, and disaster recovery and business continuity plans. This position can be based anywhere (remote) within the United States.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Write as necessary to assist with the development of clear, consistent messaging in documentation and communications.
- Write to ensure consistency in definitions, terminology, branding, standardized headings, and ensure quality control of documentation.
- Implement content change requests and approved content updates.
- Deliver document projects by collaborating with document owners and teams.
- Ensure that all documentation is written and communicated in a form that is easily absorbed and executed by all employee levels.
- Confer with internal team members, vendors, and stakeholders to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Collaborate with Intranet administrators to ensure that any message conveyed on the Intranet is consistent with policies.
- Develop and use tools such as document templates and email templates to standardize processes and communicate consistent messaging.
- Support project teams in completing miscellaneous projects of various complexities, and complete ad hoc short-term tasks in support of the client's initiatives as required by management.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree preferred with five or more years of experience in technical writing and editing. Lean Six Sigma certification preferred. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Proficiency in technical writing with executive level verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of policy, SOP writing.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Expert editing and formatting skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Proven focus on quality and best practice.
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as required, to ensure the successful completion of work assignments.
- Travel, as required.
Salary & Benefits Information:
Rate of pay: $90,000 - $95,000 / year.
Benefit options include employer-paid life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D, medical, (HSA) Health Savings Account, (FSA) Flexible Savings Account, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(K), paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays) and several employee assistance-related programs. This information provides a brief benefit overview. Upon the acceptance of an employment offer, the new employee will receive comprehensive plan details based on specific eligibility rules.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.